Generative AI survey reveals three out of four European organisations already in the process of adopting generative AI within their business.
A new generative AI survey conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of solutions integrator Insight Enterprises shows that 72% of European organisations are in the process of or have already established policies around generative AI within their business.
The survey, which polled professionals at director level or above at companies with 1,000+ employees, explores the current and future decisions organisations of this size across Europe are looking to make around generative AI technologies.
Generative AI growing in importance
Key findings from the survey show that:
- 72% of European organisations are either in the process of developing policies/strategies around generative AI or have already established or implemented generative AI policies/strategies.
- Only 6% of business leaders surveyed have no plans or intentions to adopt the technology in the coming years.
- Over half of respondents named improved employee productivity (52%) as the main reason to adopt generative AI within the next three years.
- Enhanced customer service (44%), and automation of workflows across the organisation (39%) were second and third as key generative AI adoption motivators.
- 49% list safety and security as their main concern around generative AI implementation, followed by quality and control (43%), and legal and regulatory compliance (37%)
- 92% of European business leaders believe AI will impact a wide range of roles.
- Data analyst/data scientist (28%) tops the list of these roles.
Adrian Gregory, Insight EMEA President, said: “This data clearly indicates AI’s growing importance to organisations when it comes to digital transformation. From boosting productivity to enhancing customer service to improving automation workflows; understanding how to best utilise generative AI will become essential to an organisation’s future success.”
Click here to read the complete Insight survey, Beyond Hypotheticals: Understanding the Real Possibilities of Generative AI.